Melbourne Knowledge Weekat Meat Market
North Melbourne, VIC
There are no tickets currently available.
Learn how artificial intelligence, mixed reality and the Internet of Things (IoT) will influence the way we interact with our devices through a series of talks with the University of Melbourne’s Computing and Information Systems team. The systems of the future will cause us to question our relationship with our devices and each other. Explore how we can create interfaces for our everyday lives that are usable, useful and easy to use, yet ensure we don’t lose our humanity.
Talks for this event include the following sessions:
- Tuesday 21 May, 1pm - 1.45pm - Prof. Frank Vetere
- Wednesday 22 May, 3pm - 3.45pm - Dr Eduardo Velloso
- Thursday 23 May, 3pm - 3.45pm - Dr Niels Wouters and Dr Mor Vered
- Friday 24 May, 1.30pm - 2.15pm - Prof. Aaron Quigley
- Saturday 25 May, 12pm - 12.45pm - Prof. Vassilis Kostakos
- Sunday 26 May, 12pm - 12.45pm - Fraser Allison
Carbon neutral contribution
Melbourne Knowledge Week is committed to reducing its impact on the environment and will be certified carbon neutral for 2019.
This means we will measure the festival’s carbon emissions and implement actions to reduce them. Then we will purchase offsets on your behalf to cover the remaining emissions and achieve carbon neutrality.
Your contribution will go towards a range of offset projects including a reforestation project in NSW and a project which enables Aboriginal communities to reduce emissions through improved land management practices in the Kimberley.
Take action on climate change, act now.